Debbie Dickson is an experienced CPA and expert witness, with over 30 years in the accounting profession, including 15 years in the litigation services area.
Ms. Dickson advises many business clients regarding strategic business planning, internal controls, and profit enhancement; provides tax planning and compliance; negotiates procurement of financing, structuring debt and capital; issues audits, reviews and compilations of financial statements; prepares business valuations; and advises on budgets and cash flow systems. She works as a forensic expert witness in Federal, State, Probate, and Family Law Courts, in arbitration services, and as a Court appointed referee.
Ms. Dickson began her career as an auditor for Deloitte Touche (formerly Touche Ross) and subsequently accepted an opportunity to run the Entrepreneurial Services Division at PricewaterhouseCoopers (formerly Coopers & Lybrand).
Her personal time is spent playing the piano and 1500 pipe organ for a large congregation in Newport Beach, playing golf, and spending time with her husband and children.
- Forensic Expert Witness Association, State of California Immediate Past-President
- Orange County Management Association, Past President
- Orange County Bar Association, Tax Division, Associate Member
- CSCPA Litigation Services Committee, Member – Sections: Economic Damages, Fraud
- Marriott School of Management, Senior Alumni Board Member
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Member
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants, Member
- Orange County CPA Litigation Services Committee, Member
- United Way Women’s Philanthropy Fund
- Arts Orange County, Past Treasurer
- J. Reuben Clark Law Society, Associate Member
- Women’s’ Presidents Organization, Member
- CEO University, Member
- Provisors, Member
- Collaboration of Professional Women, Member
- CFF credential (Certified in Financial Forensics) issued by the American Institute of Public Accountants (AICPA). The CFF credential is granted exclusively to CPAs who demonstrate considerable expertise in forensic accounting through their knowledge, skills, and experience. The CFF encompasses fundamental and specialized forensic accounting skills that CPA practitioners apply in a variety of service areas, including bankruptcy and insolvency; computer forensic analysis; family law; valuations; fraud prevention, detection, and response; financial statement misrepresentation; and economic damages calculations.
- Master Analyst in Financial Forensics (MAFF) professional certification from the National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts (NACVA). The Master Analyst in Financial Forensics (MAFF) credential is designed to provide assurance to the legal community – the primary users of litigation consulting services – that the designee possesses a level of experience and knowledge deemed acceptable by the Institute to provide competent and professional forensic financial support services.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Business Valuation Certificate: sat for and initially passed all eight examinations, earned certification.
- National Accounting Conference: recognized as one of the leading CPAs in profession and was invited to give a two-hour presentation, following the AICPA vice chairman.
- California State Board of Accountancy Peer Reviews (required every 3 years): completed in 2012, 2009, 2006, 2003, 2000, 1997, and 1993 with 100 percent compliance. (Only 4 percent of firms gain this honor.)
- University of California, Irvine: Nominated the Amelia Earhart Corporate Award Winner.
- IRS Southern California Advisory Committee: one of nine CPA and law firms in Southern California selected to advise IRS Laguna Niguel Service Center on policies affecting Southern California business and individual taxpayers.
- Marriott School of Management Exchange Magazine Article: career and accomplishments highlighted in a full-page picture and article.
- Speeches: Ms. Dickson is a frequent speaker and workshop leader on topics of a financial and tax nature.
- “Litigation Support for Real Estate Disputes,” Deborah Dickson, CPA, CFF, MAFF, (Orange County Business Journal, May 11, 2018)
- “The Critical Role of a CPA Firm in Bank Financing,” Deborah Dickson, CPA, CFF, MAFF, (Orange County Business Journal, April 30, 2018)
- “Fraud Investigations and Litigation Support for General Counsel,” Deborah Dickson, CPA, CFF, MAFF, (Orange County Business Journal, October 16, 2017)
- “Obtaining Bank Financing in Difficult Situations,” Deborah Dickson, CPA, CFF, MAFF, (Orange County Business Journal, April 10, 2017)
- “Fraud in the Workplace,” Deborah Dickson, CPA, CFF, MAFF, (Orange County Business Journal, November 21, 2016)
- “Special Report on Accounting Firms,” Deborah Dickson, CPA, CFF, MAFF, was quoted in this special OCBJ Q&A with top leaders of the county’s accounting firms (Orange County Business Journal, July 11, 2016)